Ver en Español

Practice Areas

Immigration law is a complex field that changes frequently. We have practiced immigration law exclusively since 1996 and we have the expertise that you need to assist you in successfully navigating an often-confusing process. Since each individual's situation is unique, please call our office to schedule a consultation so that we can help you assess the facts of your case and determine which option is best for you. We specialize in the following areas:

Family Based Immigration

U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents can sponsor certain family members to become permanent residents. Family ties are the most common way that people immigrate to the United State today.

We can help you sponsor your family members for their permanent residency, also known as a "green card," either through Adujstment of Status in the United States or through Consular Visa Processing abroad.

Our services in this area include the following:
  • Family-Based Lawful Permanent Residence (“Green Card”)
  • I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Permanent Residence
  • Fiancé Visa Petition
  • Consular Visa Processing
  • Waivers of Inadmissibility (I-601, I-601A & I-212):
    Certain crimes and other factors such as unlawful presence in the US may make an applicant ineligible to become a permanent resident. Some of these problems can be waived. We can help you determine the best way to proceed with your case.
  • Renewals of expiring green cards (I-90)


U.S. citizenship gives you the right to vote, sponsor certain family members, and remain in the United States indefinitely. We can help you determine whether you are eligible to become a naturalized U.S. citizen.

Our firm has years of experience guiding individuals through the process of becoming a citizen.
  • Naturalization: If you have been a permanent resident for five years (or three years if you got your green card through your spouse), you may be eligible to become a US citizen. Some permanent residents may be eligible to waive the English or history exam requirements if certain conditions are met.
  • Certificates of Citizenship: Some children who become permanent residents before the age of 18 through a US citizen parent become citizens of the US by operation of law. Sometimes people are US citizens without being aware of their status. We can help you make these determinations and assist you with an application for a Certificate of Citizenship if you qualify.
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad: Children born abroad to a US citizen parent may be US citizens at the time of their birth. We will help you determine whether these legal provisions apply and will assist you with the process.

Deferred Action

  • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA):
    If you arrived in the US for the first time before you were sixteen years old and are now over 15 years old, you should schedule a consultation to discuss whether you are eligible for Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals (DACA). If your case is approved, you will receive protection from deportation and work authorization in two-year increments.
  • Deferred Action for Humanitarian Purposes:
    In compelling circumstances, USCIS and ICE may sometimes grant deferred action to individuals who can show that they deserve a favorable exercise of discretion and can demonstrate an urgent need to remain in the United States. Individuals who have been granted deferred action are eligible to apply for work authorization.

Victim Relief

We assist victims of domestic violence or other crimes get the protection that they need to build a future and move on with their lives.

If you have been victimized, you need competent professional representation to ensure that you and your family are protected. Please call us right away for a consultation. You should bring with you any court papers or police records that you have.

Our services in this area include:
  • Violence Against Women Act (“VAWA”) Self-Petitions
  • U Visa Petitions for Victims of Serious Crimes
  • T Visas for Victims of Human Trafficking

Temporary Protected Status

Some people who are already in the United States may be eligible for temporary protection and work authorization, even if they are not yet eligible to become permanent residents.
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS):
    If you are a native of a country designated for TPS by the Department of Homeland Security, special protections apply to you. We can help you determine your eligibility and represent you through this process that will give you protection from deportation and provide you with work authorization.
  • Advance Parole:
    Some people who are already in the U.S. and have pending applications or temporary status may be eligible for this benefit if they must briefly travel out of the country. We can help you apply for permission to physically enter the United States before you make plans to leave the country.

Do you need immigration help?

Contact us to schedule a consultation with a legal expert in English or Spanish.
Contact us