Practice Areas

Our practice is limited to immigration law. Since 1996, we have successfully represented clients with their immigration needs. You should schedule your consultation to thoroughly review your eligibility. We specialize in the following areas:

Family Based Immigration

American citizens and legal permanent residents may be able to apply for certain family members. These family members may include spouses, parents, children (biological, adopted or step) and siblings. Let us assist you in sponsoring your relative, either through Adjustment of Status in the United States or through Consular Visa Processing abroad. Our services in this area include the following:

  • Family-Based Lawful Permanent Residence (“Green Card”)
  • I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Permanent Residence
  • Fiancé Visa Petition
  • Consular Visa Processing
  • Waivers of Inadmissibility (I-601, I-601A & I-212). Certain crimes and other factors such as unlawful presence in the US may make an applicant ineligible to become a permanent resident. Some of these problems can be waived. We can help you determine the best way to proceed with your case.
  • Renewals of expiring green cards (I-90)


We represent clients who are ready to take the final immigration step to become a US citizen.

  • Naturalization. If you have been a permanent resident for five years (or three years if you got your green card through your spouse), you may be eligible to become a US citizen. Some permanent residents may be eligible to waive the English or history exam requirements if certain conditions are met.
  • Certificates of Citizenship. Some children who become permanent residents before the age of 18 through a US citizen parent become citizens of the US by operation of law. Sometimes people are US citizens without being aware of their status. We can help you make these determinations and assist you with an application for a Certificate of Citizenship if you qualify.
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad. Children born abroad to a US citizen parent may be US citizens at the time of their birth. We will help you determine whether these legal provisions apply and will assist you with the process.

Deportation Defense

Our attorneys represent individuals who have been placed in removal proceedings to help them develop the best strategy for planning for the future and protecting themselves and their families. We have successfully represented clients in the following kinds of cases before the Immigration Court:

  • Removal Defense
  • Cancellation of Removal
  • Adjustment of Status
  • Asylum and Withholding of Removal
  • Appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals (“BIA”)
  • Motions to Reopen and Rescind In Absentia Removal Orders
  • Motions for Administrative Closure
  • Prosecutorial Discretion requests
  • Voluntary Departure

If you are in removal proceedings, you should schedule a consultation right away to plan the best defense for you. You will need to bring copies of all paperwork from the court, proof of family relationships in the US, and certified dispositions for any criminal charges.

Victim Relief

We assist victims of domestic violence or other violent crimes who need legal protection to build a future and move on with their lives. If you have been victimized, you need competent professional representation to ensure that you and your family are protected. Please call us right away for a consultation. You should bring with you any court papers or police records that you have. Our services in this area include:

  • Violence Against Women Act (“VAWA”) Self-Petitions
  • U Visa Petitions for Victims of Serious Crimes
  • T Visas for Victims of Human Trafficking

Deferred Action

  • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) -The Obama administration has announced special protection for students. If you arrived in the US for the first time before you were sixteen years old and are now over 15 years old, you should schedule a consultation to discuss whether you are eligible for Deferred Action. If your case is approved, you will receive protection from deportation and work authorization in two-year increments.
  • Deferred Action for Humanitarian Purposes–In compelling circumstances, USCIS and ICE may sometimes grant deferred action to individuals who can show that they deserve a favorable exercise of discretion and can demonstrate an urgent need to remain in the United States. Individuals who have been granted deferred action are eligible to apply for work authorization.

Temporary Protected Status (TPS)

If you are a native of a country designated for TPS by the Department of Homeland Security, special protections apply to you. We can help you determine your eligibility and represent you through this process that will give you protection from deportation and provide you with work authorization.

Suspension of Deportation under Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA § 203)

Immigrants from El Salvador, Guatemala, and some Eastern European countries may be eligible to adjust their status to become legal permanent residents and, if necessary, cancel prior orders of deportation. We can help you determine whether you and your family members may be eligible for this benefit.

Advance Parole

Some people who are already in the U.S. and have pending applications or temporary status may be eligible for this benefit if they must briefly travel out of the country. We can help you apply for permission to physically enter the United States before you make plans to leave the country.

SHARE THIS: Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail       FOLLOW US: Facebook